[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynia Records Now Online!!!

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 16 15:29:27 PDT 2013

Thanks to Jan Textor for finding this.

Sorry but this only applies to Western Volhynia, the part that was part of Polish Volhynia between the two World Wars.

It is not complete but it includes the major parishes as well as the Kantorate. Probably more to come in the future. It even includes Neudorf and some locations in Lithuania (Mariampol and region)! You may need Google Translator as there is no equivalent English page but once you pick out a few key words, you can probably get by with figuring out the Polish. The original records are mostly those we saw on the microfilms in German but more recent records that have been posted will be in Cyrillic. Not sure of the exact year of change.

http://www.agad.gov.pl/inwentarze/KsEA439x.xml (click on Iwentarz in the left column)

There is so much new material here that we are going to have to modify our webpage which will give you direct links to the scans. It will be done on this page which you should watch for changes within the next week or two.

https://www.sggee.org/research/parishes/church_parishes/LutheransInVolhyniaKievPodolia.html

Jerry