[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Liverpool to Canada

Christopher Menke chrismenke at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 19 10:45:11 PDT 2013

My great-grandfather Gustav Menke, at age 16 with 2 friends from Volhynia, made their way across land to the port of Libau, Russia (today Liepaja, Latvia); from Libau to Liverpool; then to Halifax, Nova Scotia; then by train to Winnipeg.
I think this was a fairly common route for Germans leaving Volhynia.