[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Town Sandstadt

Earl Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Sun Feb 17 08:54:00 PST 2013

Martin was kind enough to send the document to me as well.  There are some clues in the document.  Martin's ancestor died in a village called Kolonia Przybyszow and the death record was recorded in Radomsko.  There are 4 Przybyszow in a row starting south of Poznan and going eastward to south of Warsaw.  Radomsko is a county in the Lodz area so likely  Przybyszow would be south of Lodz of which there are two.  Only the larger one is in Radomsko so I believe it is Przybyszow, Radomsko, Lodz (N510210, E193246).

There is no Sandstadt in the area and the city name does not appear on any Prussian Gazetteers that I checked.  There is a Sandstedt in NW Germany but that is too far away to be realistic.  However, near Przybyszow there is a city called Sandomierz, which is the Polish name.  I have not been able to find any record of it ever been called Sandstadt by the Germans but I would still think that it is the most likely place for Sandstadt.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone else as to whether this is likely or not.

Earl

Message: 1