[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Having a problem

Fred stitchit at mymts.net
Fri Nov 22 02:41:31 PST 2013

I'm trying to find the birth place of a great, great aunt of mine - Ernestine Kuhn, born February 10, 1850 in Poland. Cemetary records here list her place of birth as Granafka. The entree on the record is very clear so I have pretty well ruled out a spelling mistake. I have searched many Polish maps using just about every spelling method I can think of but I have not been able to find the village or parish. Her parants were in and out of the Posen area about that time.

Could someone please shed some light on this subject?

Regards,
Fred Kuhn 3rd.