[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] 23andme

Otto otto at schienke.com
Tue Nov 26 05:25:19 PST 2013

On Nov 26, 2013, at 7:24 AM, Kenneth Browne wrote:

> Genealogy fans of this popular genetic testing will be disappointed by this news article. <http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/11/26/fda-tells-andme-halt-sales-genetic-test/Pb5nTP8pqHKniwXQU6DgwO/story.html>
> If the link does not work I'll copy and paste the article to anyone who requests it.
>
> --
> Kenneth Browne researching: BROWN(E) LEIGHTON TAYLOR CLOUGH/CLUFF LACHMANN RUSSELL NOURSE MORSE PETTENGILL NOBLE SMALL WOLF MROCH LUEDTKE HECKBERT MANTEI

Good morning Ken and all,
The bit of info came in to me upon its release so I flipped a query to Penn State and Harvard Medical School profs, who by the way are 23andme subscribers, both involved in molecular genetics, and they did not even blink.

This is a 'wait and see' situation.  FDA's (The Food and Drug Administration ) concern is with the 'health' portion of the test which is comprehensive. If I have some specific genetic predispositioning to avoid certain behaviors is wrong?
The FDA is also attempting to control 'over the counter' vitamin sales, requiring a 'medical prescription'. . .
C'mon! To take my D3 tabs or daily multiple vitamin. . .  C'mon! The medical profession is now copying prevention methods and organic food intake as we 'health nuts' did in the 1950's. And still do!

. . .   Otto
         " The Zen moment..." wk. of January 01, 2013-