[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] GERMANS FROM RUSSIAN POLAND ACCENTS

Krampetz at aol.com Krampetz at aol.com
Mon Sep 9 19:44:16 PDT 2013

Though I learned some German via dad's parents, and  his, short comments.
I  had to unlearn some pronunciation when I took German in High  School.
My grandmother, from Dobriner land,  kept telling me I was  pronouncing
words 'wrong'.    I.E.  Door = Tür,   which in school was close to  'touur'
(bit longer 'u' than in 'tour') and my gram insisted it was  'tear'  ..
Likewise,  most of the umlaut sounds were distinctly different.

I will say the grammar killed me and any German I learned  then.   Even
Google does a terrible translation  on casual email  German.

In a message dated 09/09/13 05:18:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,