[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia - Dialects & Google tranlations

Krampetz at aol.com Krampetz at aol.com
Wed Sep 11 12:43:39 PDT 2013

This discussion appears to show that German is still a loose  language.
  I've seen this when attempting to use Google to translate German
  emails from another email list.   They are nearly  unintelligible.  Or
  as another put it,  "... different dialects.... just  enough to understand
  each other"
  Google does a fine job on nearly all other languages, and does  on rare
  occasions to a credible job on German articles written (I'm  guessing)
  in 'High German'

  Is this the reason that casual discussions, such as  emails,  are
difficult
  to translate?   Have others run into this too?