[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] DNA Testing Explained

Gary Warner garyw555 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 15:45:06 PDT 2013

Otto,

I am told that all of the major companies (23andME, myFTDNA, and
Ancestry) all use the same protocol to test the spit for the Autosomal
test.   If that is the case, then the only big issue is that being in
one database does not also place you in the databases of the other two.
Not sure if they all also use the same protocols for the Y-DNA and mtDNA.

Gary Warner