[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] where is Heimthal and what is modern name

Charlotte Dubay hoeserhistory at aol.com
Thu Sep 12 16:50:09 PDT 2013

Hello, Years ago this mailing list gave me much help. My thanks to you all. I am again lost.

QUESTION ONE: What is the modern day name of Heimthal, Zhitomir, Russia? Is it located NW of Zhitomir or NW of Novohrad-Volhynsk? If you have the lat/long coordinates, that would be so helpful. Or web sites that hold some information re: Heimthal. Thank you!

I have 2 differing facts in my own writings:
 "Heimthal is now called Jasinowka and is located 40 miles NW of Luts'k in oblast Volyn."
 "Heimthal is now called Jasinowka  and is located NW of Zhitomir in oblast Zhitomir."

I am quite certain that Jasinowka is indeed NW of Luts'k about 40 miles.
Jasinowka: Latitude 50.983333 / 50° 58' 59.9988" Longitude 24.95 / 24° 56' 59.9994" Province Volyns'ka Oblast'

And I am quite certain that my grandmother in Heimthal, was not just 40 mi. from Luts'k, where other family members lived.

Since Heimthal is in Zhitomir, that would prove that Heimthal is NOT called Jasinowka in modern day.

I DREAD TO SAY THAT I THINK I HAVE MADE A BIG MISTAKE IN THE LOCATION and NAME OF modern day HEIMTHAL!  Any input would be appreciated.

QUESTION TWO, if I may:
My ggrandfather Herman Ho(e)ser married Louise Weichman (mother=Bonderman) and baptized 9 children in Lutheran parishes in and near Heimthal.  Subsequently they emigrated from Heimthal. I am looking for Louise's mother's family members - Bonderman, and am searching both Christian and Jewish records. I had found no records in the past, searching St Pet church/Heimthal/JewGen/Russian town records - all from the comfort of my home. (I don't live near a LDS library.)  Any ideas re: where to look?

Thank you all for any help that you can give me,
Charlotte DuBay
hoeserhistory at aol.com