[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] What is Heimthal called today?

Charlotte Dubay hoeserhistory at aol.com
Fri Sep 13 17:08:57 PDT 2013

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 22:45:25 +0300
From: Kate Wertmiller <kwertmil at gmail.com>
To: George Shoning <shoning at q.com>
Cc: Sieg Schewe <siegschewe at hotmail.com>,
	ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Starja Buta

Heimtal (Staraja Buda) is now Jasenivka in Chervonoarmiysk rayon (till 1935  -
Pulin rajon) of Zhitomir oblast' (region).
It subordinates to Pulino-Huta village council within Ukrainian administrative
system.
The coordinates are
https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.568056,28.189167&spn=0.03,0.03&q=50.568056,28.189167&hl=uk
Best regards,
Kate Wertmiller

On 13 ????. 2013, at 20:42, George Shoning wrote:
> I believe that the "Heimtal" to which we are referring is just north of
today's ??????-???? (also known as Pulinskaja Huta by Volhynians), about 34
kilometers directly west as the crow flies of today's ???????? (Toporitsche).
> George Shoning

It shows no Jasinowka or Karolinowka.
> So which one would be Heimthal? Where is there a cross reference or a old map?
> Sieg Schewe

Well, it seems that searching is muddying the waters...Yes, it seems very confusing, but the "search" is what makes genealogy so fun!...I previously looked at the map that Jerry pointed out, and Kate, it does seem that the town Jasenivka is where Heimthal once was! Does anyone have an old map with the name Heimthal on it - to find the coordinates used then? Then match those coordinates to today's map and see what is there??
Would that help?

Charlotte DuBay
hoeserhistory at aol.com