[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German Prussians vs German Russians

Charlotte Dubay hoeserhistory at aol.com
Fri Sep 13 21:46:11 PDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Krampetz <Krampetz at aol.com>
To: hoeserhistory <hoeserhistory at aol.com>; ger-poland-volhynia <ger-poland-volhynia at sggee.org>
Sent: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 9:56 pm
Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German Prussians vs German Russians

There are two kinds of Germans from Russia too..
    Those that were from Russia (Volhynia) and
    Those from Poland, who gave Russia as their home.
           -because they  were told they were Russian sometime after 1854(?)

Yes, some of my relatives said that they were born in Poland (Luts'k) where there was not actual Poland all the years that my ancestors were there. They still considered themselves German Lutherans, spoke only German. (until Russia demanded that they learn Russian in school, around 1940s.) They soon left (after communists shot the husband) - walking 4 months to the west.

Charlotte DuBay
hoeserhistory at aol.com