[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German Prussians vs German Russians

LINDASUSAK at comcast.net LINDASUSAK at comcast.net
Sat Sep 14 07:15:08 PDT 2013

In my family, Vistula Germans, before they moved to Russian Poland sometime after 1860s, the difference was between Catholic and Lutheran. The
people married each other or people from other German villages. It was a great "sin" to marry a Pole because he/she was Catholic. One sibling of my grandmother did this, and the family never spoke to him again. He was totally ostracized from the community.