[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] churches in Vohlynia

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 14 16:45:36 PDT 2013

My only disagreement here is that immigration officials never changed the name of an immigrant.  They did not rely on verbal reports but copied the names that were on the immigrant's travel documents and passports.  Certainly there were transcription errors, some that may have even matched what an immigrant used at his final destination.  However, if the immigrant changed the spelling from what it was in Europe, it was done at his own volition upon arrival at his new home.

Jerry