[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] How can I get my DNA tested?

Otto otto at schienke.com
Sun Sep 15 08:49:14 PDT 2013

On Sep 15, 2013, at 10:56 AM, Lynda Radke wrote:

> For those interested, Autosomal DNA testing is offered by three companies:
>
> 23 and me -
>
> All three use saliva to perform the test and all are currently $99.
Yes, but. . . Are they all 1,000,000 + marker tests?
If so. . .
Then how do they compare with many of us at 23andme?. . . Run to a third party stranger with our code. .  Uh, uh! "No, said the little red hen."

So much of the activity regarding attempted DNA research by the uninformed reminds me of my early life on the farm. Chicken butchering time.  One chop and watch them dance the headless dance. . .  Lotta activity but going nowhere. Trust me on this.

> No matter which service you use I recommend uploading your data to the free
> service, Gedmatch - www.gedmatch.com which will allow you to compare your
> DNA with people who have tested using a different service.

23andme is a global and reputable service, why would I want to "upload" MY DNA code to a third party?
Nothing is free in this life.
The third party would now have My code in THEIR databank, now their property to do what THEY want with it. . .

For myself, those who have tested with the 'me-to' autosomal companies are the ones with the problem.
Dig out the $99. and test with 23andme, then we can compare without passing our code to completely unknown third-party strangers.
"They that do not do it right the first time, always find time to do it over again."  Not my problem.
I do not think 23andMe/Google plan on standing second or third in line. . .

. . .   Otto
         " The Zen moment..." wk. of January 01, 2013-