[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Czechs Moving to Lodz Area

Natalie Nieminen natalie.nieminen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 17:37:24 PDT 2013

I wish I understood Polish.  My family lived in Lodz and likely came from
nearby Zelow first.  I still need to confirm this through archives in
Zelow.  I don't know where they came from before, though my grandfather
suspected Czech.  For those who are interested in Zelow ancestry especially
of Czech/Bohemian descent, check out the video below, in particular from
6:54 to 11:43.  I attempted to transcribe what was written on the sign the
reporter is reading from and came up with something like this (then
translated through google).  I'd be interested if anyone could translate
the sign properly for me.  No need to translate the video, I just need to
one day visit Zelow myself for the information.

Tu w Zeloweja w roku 1803 nowy dom
znaleski Bracia Czescy
kloczy dła wolnosci somienia i w znawania wiary
ne???????
??????  Braci Czeskich
?????

Here in Zelow in 1803 a new home
znaleski Bohemian Brethren
kloczy for Freedom somienia and the granting of faith
ne????
????? Unity of the Brethren
?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYjBgtlALtU

Natalie

Researching Tomesch/Tomesz and Krotochwil/Krotoviel from Lodz and possibly
Zelow