[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lange or Langert record and place name Lantoya, Prussia

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 07:08:21 PDT 2014

Hi Karla,

I can attest to the Laengert/Langert/Lengert name as well.  They are very
long shirt tale relatives.

There is a Gustav Lengert (spelling varies) living in Toronto, and
communicates with my Mom (also in Toronto are) - unfortunately he knows
very little of his background. He is 92 now.

Gustav Lengert and his family came to Canada from Wolhynia after WWII (as
did my folks).  His father was Wilhelm Lengert and his mother a Gartz.
Sorry - will have to ask Mom if she knows her first name.  Some of the
family remained in Germany.  His maternal grandparents were (?) Gartz (
d.1945) and Susanna Stubel (1864-1945) - a sister of August Stubel
(1867-1962 Winnipeg MB).  So the Lengert connects to the Gartz, Stubel and
also Schoppke families. Another sister to Susanna and August - Karoline
Stubel married one of my Wittmeier connections (my grandmother Alwine
Baier's sister Maria Baier married a Friedrich Wittmeier) Further - this
Friedrich Wittmeier's paternal grandmother was a Julianna Hirsch (b.
1840??).  Also have a Hulde Lengert marrying a Herman Gartz (his
grandmother Susanna Stubel)

Thus the very long spaghetti like family connections.  And a lot of loose
ends, unfortunately as I have not followed up on them - yet.  Be happy to
share what little I have on these folks.  Some of them are only names from
my Mom's recollections from Wolhynia, unfortunately not with a lot of dates
except in general.  All were family connections - some by marriage and some
by neighbourhood.

There are a few other Wolhynia researchers on line with these family lines
- perhaps they will also respond with further info.

Helen