[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] DNA Testing

Vera Miller equalityforall at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 11:39:15 PDT 2014

Hi Carol,
Ancestry is not closing the DNA testing. They will no longer sell MtDNA and Y-DNA tests and maintain those databases. AncestryDNA still pushes sales on the autosomal test for the combined maternal and paternal lines.
I have a FAQ on my blog that could be helpful- http://lostrussianfamily.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/guide-for-making-the-best-choices-in-dna-testing/
I would recommend Family Tree DNA. 23andme customers have a rap for not answering messages and sharing data. Family Tree DNA provides tools to compare matches without the required sharing agreements of 23andme.
I have tested with all three.
Vera