[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] DNA Testing

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Tue Aug 26 12:55:36 PDT 2014

 Family Tree DNA has a relationship with Igenea.com in Germany. They also have testing partnerships with other companies world-wide and for a fee will also transfer dna results from 23andme and Ancestry to www.familytreedna.com. Many of us in SGGEE have tested with them and I have had emails from 4th to 5th cousin autosomal matches who live in Germany. Of course, now we have to figure out which surname family includes our relationship. Sometimes finding that common surname is not easy, but at least we know where to begin looking. FTDNA also has a new project, Vistula River Settlement Project, which is appropriate for those of us whose German ancestors migrated through Poland.

Sigrid Pohl Perry