[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bios of repressed Catholic clergy and laity in USSR

Edie Adam edieadam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 15:04:40 PDT 2014

Hello all: I've received a message from another list serve as follows.
Perhaps it is of interest to some readers on this list. While my family is
not Catholic, a quick survey is showing me information about location,
events and people that may be helpful at some point. And a search of
Volhynia did turn up some results.

Edie Adam
Virginia, USA
---------------------------------------

Book of Remembrance

The University of Notre Dame Libraries has developed an impressive
historical website, “Book of Remembrance: Biographies of Catholic Clergy
and Laity Repressed in the Soviet Union (USSR) from 1918 to 1953”. The
website presents brief biographies by Geraldine Kelley, of Catholic clergy
and laity repressed by the Soviet regime during the reigns of Lenin and
Stalin. Biographies of persons of Black Sea, Crimea and Volga Germans are
included.

Go to – https://biographies.library.nd.edu

The Germans from Russia Heritage Collection, NDSU Libraries, Fargo, has
published ---

“Witnesses for Christ: A German 20th Century Martyrology: German-Russian
Bishops, Diocesan Priests and Priests from Religious Orders, 2003,
translated German to English –
http://library.ndsu.edu/grhc/order/general/witnesses.html

<http://library.ndsu.edu/grhc/order/general/witnesses.html>