[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Where did they go

Kerstin Petersen kerstin.petersen at mail.dk
Fri Jun 13 08:22:26 PDT 2014

My grandparents left Volhynia 1914. They arrived in Nordschlswig (northern part of Germany now Denmark). My grandmother´s older brother stayed in Volhynia. After WWII he and his family where deported to Siberia. They lived in a camp for many years. In the 1960´s they moved to Letland. They had heard it was easier to get a permition to emigrate to Germany from there. In 1972 they was allowed to leave the Sovjet Union and move to Germany.
Kerstin Petersen
Denmark