[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Prison in Ukraine

paul.rakow at cantab.net paul.rakow at cantab.net
Sat Mar 29 12:03:53 PDT 2014

 Hello Jim,

      I had a quick look at the document. It was a casualty list
 published on 7 Sept 1916, but of casualties from 1914 who were
 not reported at the time.

     On page 2 it explains the layout and some of the abbreviations,
 Wasyl's rank was Landsturm Gefreiter, his regiment was the
 kk Landsturm Infanterie Regiment 18
 (kk is imperial and royal).
 Sielec, Przemysl, Galicia was his home village, he was born in 1880
 (but I expect you knew that bit already).

    Landsturm means that he was a veteran who was called
 back into service.

     There may be useful military records, perhaps in Vienna.

                Paul Rakow