[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kossabude, Turek

Linda Bowen lindakbowen at cox.net
Fri May 2 10:51:26 PDT 2014

  I'm reading tea leaves  on my Bloch  name and I need  input on a
location that I have been unable to find.

I found a Frederich Wilhelm Bloch in a German Family tree  on Ancestry
who was born in "Kossebude, Turek , Poland" in 1862
I can't find anything that fits that location.
He is later found in Dorofejewka , Volhynia which is the town where my
Grandfather Bloch was born in 1891.
I think this person could be a half brother of my grandfather. Their
fathers both had the name August Bloch  .
Our family story  is that my Grandfather's father was around 70 in 1910
and that he had been married 3 times

I have a Kossobudy, Leczycz, Lodzkie Poland  In a DNA 3rd cousin matches
tree.  It is  the  birthplace of Samuel Bloch around 1840 .
  I'm wondering  if perhaps the tree I found on Ancestry is mistaken and
that the location is this Kossobudy.

Is anyone able to find a Kossebude near Turek?
I've looked at the Jewish Gazeteer.
TIA
Linda

---