[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kossabude, Turek

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Tue May 6 23:20:43 PDT 2014

Linda,

I suspect the Kossebude and Kossobudy villages you cite may be Kossow / Kossew or Kosew on present day maps.  This village is about 10 miles west of Leczyca or about 13 miles east of Dabie.  The town of Turek is about 25-30 miles  southwest of Dabie.

The reference to Turek may be the larger town mentioned in family lore or a place the family visited occassionally.

The spellings you note may also be what was written in various records in the time period you are referring to.  ie. Kosso Budy.

Rose Ingram