[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Mauricio's 1827 marriage record

marmel marmel at pctcnet.net
Thu May 22 19:14:05 PDT 2014

Thanks Gerald for comments and setting me straight away!  Oh the fun of
decifering.

I wondered about the 'a' ending for male given first name, but I have never
seen this in the hundreds of German Lutheran church records I've gone
red-eyed over.  Question:  Would this 'a' ending to male first names be
typical of Polish records? Or possibly typical of Roman Catholic church
records?

Looking now again, I think the spelling might be Kolonÿ, with an umlat over
the y at the end (instead of a 'j').  What do you think?  Did Polish use the
y with umlat?

Someone also suggested the name Anna Ros. or some abbreviation for
Rosina/Rozina.  Looks to me:  Anna Roza with the dot over the z (same 'a'
ending as Panna Anna, only a bit sloppy, and therefor not an 'en' or 'cz').

Cheers everyone!
Linda in Wisconsin

PS  Gerald, are you related to Klatt family of New London, Wisconsin, or to
Klatt in Labischin German Lutheran church records?