[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Suckow, Pommern

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Mon May 26 07:11:47 PDT 2014

Mauricio,

I also see that there is at least one other family from Suckow on these
two pages, a Frank family; they are also from Russia. There are also
some German Russian families from a Ludwikow, including a Markwart.
These are all familiar surnames of the families from both sides of the
Bug River in Volhynia and Russian Poland. The families may have fled
north to emigrate or they may have left earlier and had to wait some
time before they could leave for Brazil or North America. They could
also have arrived there some years earlier. If you can trace where
Gottfried's children were born, that should help tell the story. You
might use Suckow as a key word  in an immigration search to see if other
families related to yours were also there.

One of the branches of my Pohl family disappeared from the Lublin
records about 1900. I have since located a cousin in Berlin who comes
from that family, recognized photos I had, and knew of a marriage in the
Berlin area in 1913, but the family probably arrived there some years
before. There was still contact between this branch and my father during
WWII and the years after the war though he had stayed in the Lublin area
until 1940, served in the German army, and settled near Hamburg until
emigrating in 1952. But he never spoke of this family nor told my mother
about them even though there are photos of them in the family album. All
of us have many mysteries to solve.

Sigrid Pohl Perry