[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] The right village / town of Suckow

Mauricio Norenberg mauricio.norenberg at gmail.com
Tue May 27 04:16:32 PDT 2014

Hi Sigrid,

Sorry I missed your other email (I found it now).

It seems most of Suckow results on Kartenmeister are in Pommern.
Regarding DieMaus link, I did find my grandfather's (Johann and family)
manifest from 1908 there some time ago, interestingly the same can't be
found on FHL.
Some other researcher from Brazil - whose family are in the same group as
mine - found registers of his grandfather actually re-obtaining his German
citizenship before emigrating to Brazil. But when leaving Bremen and
entering Brazil, he would always declare being Russian. On the same line of
thinking, I believe that would be also benefits for those who declared
being a Russian national.

My grandmother always told me they definitely lived in Germany before
coming to Brazil but I could never find proof. The fact I can't find any
sign of Gottfried and Johann's families in Volhynia after 1890's could help
on this theory. They 'disappear' from Volhynia on the 1890's and re-appear
in Brazil in 1908\1914. I still have to solve this gap.

My guess is try to find birth records of the youngest children like Robert
Norenberg born in 1910/11 somewhere near Gdansk.

Other source could be German or Pommern naturalization records.

I am interested in your link from Glogowiec as it seems my ancestors had
lived there for quite a while.

Kind Regards

Mauricio