[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Meaning of Alias

Cathy Walters walters.cathy at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 15:10:53 PDT 2014

If the mother was unmarried, be her maiden name, if woman married but husband died before birth of child be maiden name-if my thinking is right.   She may had been married before, husband died before child born & or child of 1st marriage, but brought up in 2nd marriage.    Or an incident had occurred, possible fathers last name.    Also we must understand children have arrived before pastor could marry them, can be several years, several children.

I have an female Mietzner child born without name of either parent in 1853, with my great grand aunts # 2 & # 3 as godparents, leaving me to believe child is #1 great grandaunt's illegitimate child, later #1 who married in 1856 age of 27-this child wasn't raised with that family as far as any family knows.

I've listened to many others- so my knowledge comes from others, Cathy in Elgin, Minnesota

  ALWAYS A ROSE