[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] The Meaning of "Of"

Gary Warner garyw555 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 13:00:41 PDT 2014

Earl,

"Of" usually comes from a marriage record that does not specifically say
where the bride or groom, or the parents were born.   In the MPD, we
have generally eliminated the "of" altogether in loctions, but we are
still working on that change process.   As you know, however, there are
many villages in Poland that have the same name.   The only way to nail
down which village of a given name is the correct one, is to have more
information on that individual, or to make some assumptions that the
villages of siblings born before and after the person you are looking at
is somewhere near the village you have for your person of interest.

Gary Warner