[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Chodecz evangelical church books after 1865

Paul Rakow paul.rakow at cantab.net
Wed Apr 8 10:30:24 PDT 2015

  Hello Dominik,

      The Protestant records church records for Chodecz up to
 1912 are in the archive in Wloclawek, but as far as I know,
 not online yet. (If anyone knows different - please speak up!).
 I have seen rumours that the Wloclawek archive plans to have
 all their church-books online by the end of this year.

    However, there may be something on-line for you already,
 registers of population (lists of families, with birth-dates,
 birth-places etc.)

     Were your people in the town Chodecz itself, or in nearby
 villages?

    In either case, start by going to the site
 <http://poczekalnia.genealodzy.pl/pliki/AP-Wloclawek/>
 where you will see a list of scanned documents from Wloclawek.

  If you are interested in the town itself, look down to
 collection22 / Fond 22: Zespol0022AktaMiastaChodecza
 and you will see 5 volumes of population registers,
 sygnatur / call number 1 to 5 (s001 to s005),
 listing the town's inhabitants from the second half of the
 19th century up till 1931. (The archives have 6 volumes,
 perhaps the last is too modern to go online).

   If you are interested in the surrounding village,
 look further down to Fond 50

 Zespol0050AktaGminyChodecz

 and you will see registers of the village inhabitants from
 1864 till 1915.

 sygnatur 111 lists foreigners, sygn 112 to 116 villagers.
  It looks like 116 is an index, and the other volumes are
 arranged by village.
 sygnatur 143 has a list of "outsiders" from 1935, and a
 table at the back listing all the villages, and saying how
 many in each village were Polish, German, Jewish or other.

      I hope you find something in there.

            Paul Rakow