[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Zielke/zieke family

Paw Gang rlz at telus.net
Sun Jan 18 11:14:11 PST 2015

Hello and happy new year

It's been a few years since I've had any luck finding out more about this
family.

Looking for any information on Friedrich Zielke, born approximately 1881 in
Russia/Poland.
In 1902, Friedrich immigrated to Canada (Manitoba) with brother Gottlieb
(b.1866 Marzelindorf Russia Kries, Poltzk) and step-sister Emilie (b.1859
Kries, Poltzk, Poland) I've never been able to find their port of entry.
Apparently the brothers stayed with relatives Gustav Walskes.

Shortly after arriving, Friedrich started farming in partnership with
Fred/Lugwig Gertz and Julius Schultz in the 1-6 District (near Morden).

According to Friedrich's first marriage licence dated 21 July 1905 - age 24
to Olga Roesler, he lists his parents as Wilhelm Zielke and Wilhelmine
Klohn.

However on his second marriage licence dated 09 December 1906 - age of 26 to
Aholduce (Holdine) Huff (Olga died in childbirth), he lists his parents as
William Zielke and Mimna Aone - different mother?
If anyone out there could shed some light and/or have any information, it
would be GREATLY appreciated.
Many thanks for your time.
Karen