[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Tschichanowitz

Rachael Patterson patterson.rachael at gmail.com
Sun May 10 04:31:29 PDT 2015

Local Author GJ Rachael Patterson of Homeland Lost will be doing a book
signing at Chapters Strathcona, Sat., May 2nd 12-5pm.

Chapters Strathcona
10504-82 Ave.
Edmonton, Alberta
T6E 2A4
780-435-1290
Fax 780-435-6775

Homeland Lost video trailer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFivChNmLdc&feature=youtu.be

Press Release:
*Author shares family history through new creative nonfiction*

*Three generations of strong women come to life in 'Homeland Lost'*

CALGARY, Alberta - After 12 years of extensively researching her family's
genealogy, author GJ Rachael Patterson releases her new creative
nonfiction, "Homeland Lost" (published by WestBow Press
<http://www.westbowpress.com/>), the three-generation saga based on her
family's history.

"I traced my family lineage into the early 1700s and the family lore that
came with it gave me a passion to use it as an infrastructure for the
beginning of the writing of this book," Patterson says.

Organized into two books, "Homeland Lost" takes readers from war-torn
Europe to the prairie of Alberta. Book One details the life of Patterson's
grandmother, a strong, independent Eastern European woman who flees to
Canada to escape the war. Book Two follows Patterson's mother and her

Patterson, a longtime member of The Society for German Genealogy in Eastern
Europe (SGGEE), combed through historical documents and records relating to
her family's history to accurately portray their stories in an authentic
fashion. Through her book, she hopes to give readers a glimpse into the
past.

Praise for "Homeland Lost":

"Rachael uses a unique and non-traditional style to preserve her family
heritage and history through exploring the personalities and situations of
her ancestors."

-- Jerry Frank, author/conference speaker/webmaster, SGGEE, Calgary, Alberta

"Homeland Lost"

By GJ Rachael Patterson

Hardcover | 6 x 9 in | 350 pages | ISBN 9781490846552

Softcover | 6 x 9 in | 350 pages | ISBN 9781490846545

E-Book | 350 pages | ISBN 9781490846569

Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble

*About the Author*

GJ Rachael Patterson spent three years writing a story of her ancestors.
She is a member of The Society for German Genealogy in Eastern Europe and
has spoken at several of their conferences. She earned a Bachelor of Arts
degree in English literature and fine arts from the University of Calgary
and is pursuing her master's in biblical counseling. She currently resides
in her hometown of Calgary, Alberta.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:37 AM, GJ Rachael Patterson <
homelandlost at gmail.com> wrote:

> Local Author GJ Rachael Patterson of Homeland Lost will be doing a book
> signing at Chapters Strathcona, May 2nd 12-5pm.
>
> Chapters Strathcona
> 10504-82 Ave.
> Edmonton, Alberta
> T6E 2A4
> 780-435-1290
> Fax 780-435-6775
>

> Homeland Lost video trailer :
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFivChNmLdc&feature=youtu.be
>

> Press Release:
> *Author shares family history through new creative nonfiction*
>
> *Three generations of strong women come to life in 'Homeland Lost'*
>

> CALGARY, Alberta - After 12 years of extensively researching her family's
> genealogy, author GJ Rachael Patterson releases her new creative
> nonfiction, "Homeland Lost" (published by WestBow Press
> <http://www.westbowpress.com/>), the three-generation saga based on her
> family's history.
>

> "I traced my family lineage into the early 1700s and the family lore that
> came with it gave me a passion to use it as an infrastructure for the
> beginning of the writing of this book," Patterson says.
>

> Organized into two books, "Homeland Lost" takes readers from war-torn
> Europe to the prairie of Alberta. Book One details the life of Patterson's
> grandmother, a strong, independent Eastern European woman who flees to
> Canada to escape the war. Book Two follows Patterson's mother and her
>

> Patterson, a longtime member of The Society for German Genealogy in
> Eastern Europe (SGGEE), combed through historical documents and records
> relating to her family's history to accurately portray their stories in an
> authentic fashion. Through her book, she hopes to give readers a glimpse
> into the past.
>

> Praise for "Homeland Lost":
>

> "Rachael uses a unique and non-traditional style to preserve her family
> heritage and history through exploring the personalities and situations of
> her ancestors."
>

> -- Jerry Frank, author/conference speaker/webmaster, SGGEE, Calgary, Alberta
>

> "Homeland Lost"
>
> By GJ Rachael Patterson
>
> Hardcover | 6 x 9 in | 350 pages | ISBN 9781490846552
>
> Softcover | 6 x 9 in | 350 pages | ISBN 9781490846545
>
> E-Book | 350 pages | ISBN 9781490846569
>
> Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble
>

> *About the Author*
>
> GJ Rachael Patterson spent three years writing a story of her ancestors.
> She is a member of The Society for German Genealogy in Eastern Europe and
> has spoken at several of their conferences. She earned a Bachelor of Arts
> degree in English literature and fine arts from the University of Calgary
> and is pursuing her master's in biblical counseling. She currently resides
> in her hometown of Calgary, Alberta.