[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Interesting book - Deportation to Siberia

Helen Gillespie gilleh23 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 04:46:29 PDT 2015

Searching for info on the Verschleppung - Deportation of Germans to Siberia
in WWI - this being the centenary of the event, I found an interesting book
online from Tuebingen University in Germany:

The title is  *Verschleppt!: Erlebnisse während der Bolschewikenzeit *
(Deported!  Experiences/Memoirs from the Bolschevik times - being the
memoirs of a person from Riga, Latvia.  The book, authored by an L. Goertz
and an E. Bergmann  is about 174 pages long and can be downloaded in PDF
format or read online.

http://idb.ub.uni-tuebingen.de/diglit/Hk729

It is in German and in Fraktur so reading might be an issue, but there may
be some on the listserv who can gain some information of value if their
ancestors experienced being deported to Siberia (the Ural Mountains area)
in 1915. Certainly the experiences of those deported from Latvia  would be
similar to those from Wolhynia.  My grandmother's family went by railway
boxcar which took a long time getting to their destination near Samara in
the Urals.

Helen