[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] websites from Ilona

Bronwyn Klimach bronklimach at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 02:47:39 PST 2015

I think (at least for me!) the easier approach to holdings of Polish
Archives is to search for the location in the box under "enter the name of
the town where the parish, the public registry office or the religious
community were located" at
http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=en
Then from the drop down menu on
http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/sezam.php?l=en select the archive in which
records of interest have been found to see whether they have been scanned.
Unfortunately (unlike FamilySearch where the catalogue
https://familysearch.org/catalog-search will links to images) the first
site does not link to scanned images.
I do not find http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/ the easiest to follow; maybe I am
not following the logic of its organisation.
Bronwyn.