[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SGGEE 2017 convention announced

Edie Adam edieadam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 08:45:28 PDT 2016

Hello all,

Thanks to those who attended the 2016 SGGEE convention last weekend in
Calgary, those who supported our society with their contributions and all
our speakers.

It was announced at the annual general meeting that the 2017 SGGEE
convention will be in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, in conjunction with the
German-American Genealogy Partnership, a new organization of German
genealogy societies.

Planning for the inaugural convention is already under way and will include:

- four tracks of presentations and nationally known speakers
- a vendor area
- hospitality events

Read more about the convention here: http://www.ggsmn.org/cpage.php?pt=83

Hotel rooms are expected to go on sale soon and registration is expected to
open in January.

SGGEE is planning to have its usual research room and Annual General
Meeting. This will be a special opportunity for our members to plug into a
broader network of people studying German genealogy, and we hope to see you
in Minneapolis, July 28-29, 2017.

Edie Adam
on behalf of SGGEE