[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] shepherd

Jan Textor textor_jan at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:49:01 PDT 2016

Christian,

As far as I know the "pasterz" is the owner or keeper of a herd of domesticated animals,
i.e. sheep or cattle or other animals,
(Pasterz = <ten, kto pasie owce lub inne zwierzęta>)
while an "owczarz" is a shepherd (pasterz owiec).

So, pasterz is a more general term, mostly used about shepherds, while owczarz
is the specific term for a shepherd.

Jan Textor