[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Olyka village

Mauricio Norenberg mauricio.norenberg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:48:24 PST 2016

Hi

When my family left Bremen in 1908, they recorded Olyka as their last place
of residence.

I have my family records up to 1903 in Ludmilpol (it says they were living
in Ludmilpol).

Then I have a missing birth certificate from circa 1906 so I believe they
moved out from Ludmilpol.
I couldn't find anything on Luck either.

I am struggling to find out which archives I should be looking into but it
seems quite obvious it is Luck Parish hence Luck Archives in Ukraine,
accordingly to SGGEE.
https://www.sggee.org/research/parishes/parish_histories/VolhyniaDiocese/LuckParish/LuckHist.html

However in the map, Olyka seems quite close to Rowno too. It's exaclty in
the middle between Luck and Rowno. Is it possible that I will find
information on Rowno archives too? Or should I focus on Luck archives?

When I mean archives I mean I want to have a researcher in Ukraine to find
more historical info, not only the birth certificate.

The missing birth certificate however is from Paul Nörenbeg son of Johann
and Julianna and I believe his birth date was around 1905/1906.

Regards
Mauricio