[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Reading a Polish Record

Earl Schultz earschz63 at outlook.com
Sat Jul 16 19:41:16 PDT 2016

The only thing I’d add to Sigrid’s translation is that the godparents were Krystyna Schulz, married name, and Gottlieb Schulz.  I would assume they were married to each other although there is nothing that says that.  Since Anna was a married woman but the husband was not mentioned, it is possible that the husband had died earlier.  In this case, the husband could have been the father or if the husband died more than 9 months ago, of course the child would have another father.  If this family interests you, you should look for a Bloch death prior to this birth.  My thinking is that the husband’s death would not have been recent or he would likely have been mentioned in the record.  Good luck finding what you want.

Earl

    Message: 2