[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Henkel/Michaliewicz in Lutsk

Irene König kopetzke at gmx.net
Tue May 17 06:35:11 PDT 2016

Hi Carole,
Many Lutheran records for Lutsk are online, see
https://sggee.org/research/parishes/church_parishes/LutheransInVolhyniaKievPodolia.html#Luck
or
http://wolhynien.de/records/Luzk.htm

They are in Russian and there is no translation I am aware of. But often
family and given names are written in Latin letters. Go ahead and look
through the years 1901 and 1906. With a little luck you'll find the
births of Carl and Marie HENKEL.

The marriage record of your grandparents is here:
http://agadd.home.net.pl/metrykalia/439/sygn.%20205/pages/PL_1_439_205_0046.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rozyszcze parish, Adjunktur Lutzk
1900/#70

Ludwig HENKEL - colonist, 27 years old
son of Kristof HENKEL from (Olgino?) Lutsk uyezd and his wife Kristine
nee HOLZ, born 1873 in Lublin parish, confirmation 1888 in Natalien

oo 24 oct 1900 in Lutsk (by Pastor HOFFMANN)

Franziska MICHALEWICZ - 19 years old
daughter of (deceased) Johann MICHALEWICZ and his wife Maria nee TUCZEK,
born 1881 in Galicia, confirmation 1900 in Galicia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Rozyszcze books have two children of Christoph HENKEL and Christine
HOLZ, four (including Ludwig) are in the Lublin books.

> The minister listed for the baptism Moritz or Ledemann.  I'm not
> surewhat Josefow this is.

Moritz LEIDEMANN was pastor in Josefów (Radziechów), so this is the
Josefow you are looking for. Mechthild Walsdorf has links to the
Lutheran church records for Josefow on her web site:

http://www.myvolyn.de/heimat-galizien/kirchenbuecher.html

The birth record for Franziska is here:
http://agadd.home.net.pl/metrykalia/299/sygn.%2090/pages/PL_1_299_90_0080.htm

For your research in Galicia http://www.galiziengermandescendants.org/