[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Old German Reading and Translation

Lawrence Rast rastlr at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 29 10:51:03 PST 2017

Waldemar,

I was working on a translation when Manfred's came through. Our work largely agrees.

I was not able to look at the original, but from what you provided, here is what I have:

This stone honors the ashes of the innkeeper, Mr. Johan Fuhrman, who began his earthly career in 1750 in Filehne and finished it in the year 1805 in Warsaw; his wife, Ana Elisabeth Roesler, born Seifert, born at Lissa in 1714 (is this the correct year?) and died in 1803 in Warsaw; and their great-grandson, Heinrich Roesler, born 19 and died 29 Jan 1805.

Sincerely,
Larry Rast