[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname Fritz-Wojcechowo/Weizekow Poland?

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 31 07:41:19 PST 2002

There are several Wojciechowo with German residents in Russian Poland but
only one Laszewo so that helps to pin it down.  It would appear that
Weizekow is the inaccurate spelling variant for Wojciechowo.

Both are in a somewhat isolated area of German settlement, about 35 km NW
of Plonsk or 25 km due east of Sierpc or 35 km SW of Mlawa.  The 2 villages
are less than 3 km apart.  Because these villages are centrally located
between those 3 Lutheran parish centres, I cannot advise which one they
were part of.

At 04:06 PM 29/12/2002 -0500, ednadill at aol.com wrote:
>Hello,
>     Is someone familiar with either Wojcechowo or Weizekow Poland?
>Wojcechowo was given as a place of residence on my ggrandmother's ship
>manifest-1914.  Spelling probably isn't right.  The villiage of Weizekow was
>given as her birthplace on my ggrandfather's naturalization papers-1929.  The
>surname in question would be "Fritz".  Her parents names were Kristar "Fritz"
>and Juliana "Baeher" taken from her marriage certificate-1917.  Also I found
>a Hulda Fritz which I believe to be her sister, listed a place called
>Laszewo,Plock where her parents resided.  Both women listed Kristar Fritz as
>their father.  Thanks in advance.
>Regards,
>Erik Dill

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta