[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kurmenz; Was Re: Libau, Russia,etc.

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 26 07:49:17 PST 2002

At 08:48 PM 25/11/2002 -0600, Royal Natzke wrote:
>Also he states his birthplace was either Kurmenz or Kurnenz, Russia. I
>have not been able to find it on a map.

There are 2 Kurman in Volhynia that might be the place you are looking
for.  It might help if you have some anecdotal reference to another larger
place so that you could verify which it was.

One of them is about 15 km SSW of Nowograd Wolhynski (aka Zwiahel).

The other is about 10 km NW of Torczyn.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca