[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] BOESE Family in Volhynia

Evert Moes ya895 at victoria.tc.ca
Sun Oct 13 10:42:56 PDT 2002

Dear listers,

I have been asked to do some research on the above name for a gentleman in
Buenos Aires.  He is looking for confirmation on the birth of his
ggrandfather, Emil BOESE, born 1882 in Pulin.

The St. Pete Archives lists the marriage of Emil's parents (1869) the
birth of his siblings in 1871, 1872 and 1875, and then NOTHING.

The 7 year span between 1875 and 1882 seems a long time delay in that time
for a family to have children.  Family planning was not generally
practiced.

I understand that Pulin was the name of an administrative district as well
as the name of a town in the Zhitomir area.  Might there have been another
church in this Pulin district not affiliated with the Lutheran church
where this family would have registered their birth?  Baptist, Mennonites?
Or did we miss something in the St. Pete's archives? (Note:  there are 2
Emil Boeses listed in the birth records in the St. Pete's Archives in
1882, but these are not the one we are looking for.  Wrong parents!)

For the record, my research in the area is on the RAUH, FOCHT and SELTMANN
families (Berdichev, Amelin.  All were Ev. Luth.)

Evert Moes
Sidney, B.C.
Canada
ya895 at victoria.tc.ca