[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dinner Grace and bedtime prayer

Lloyd Friedrick lloydfriedrick at telus.net
Mon Dec 15 12:36:12 PST 2003

Thank you to the many people [prox 45 ] who responded to my request on grace
and prayers.
Email arrived from Australia, South Africa, Germany, Bavaria and of course
Canada and USA.

Here is the most common version that I have compiled from these replies.

Komm, Herr Jesu
Sei unser Gast
Und segne
Was Du uns bescheret hast

---

Literal translation                            Common translation

Come, Lord Jesus                            Come, Lord Jesus
Be our guest                                    Be our guest
And bless                                         let these gifts
What you have given us                     To us be blessed

---

Ich bin klien                                      I am little
mein Herz ist rein                             My heart is pure
Niemand soil drin wohnen                   No one will live inside
ls Jesus allein                                   but Jesus alone

lloyd friedrick