[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Eastprussia and Memelland [old: Need some ..]

Gerhard König gk_eisenach at web.de
Tue Dec 23 11:12:11 PST 2003

Hello Daniel,

> USSATIS .. The name would originate out of Lithuania

Yes this is a typical surname from Latvia in the old region
of Memelland. The former name was USSAT and the name of the
sons or daughters was written with a genitiv .. for example:
Christian (the son of) USSAT(IS) or .. ULLOSAIT(IS).

You can write for example to:
Ingo Paul - ingopaul24 at hotmail.com
Beate Szillis-Kappelhoff - kappelhoff.salzbergen at t-online.de
(Beate is the listowner of the memellandlist)

> We have everybody traced back 7 generations to ..

It can be, that you are know this lists .. if no, you can use this:

You can subcribe to East-West-Prussia-List (OW-Preussen-Liste):

or if you have a mailadress of yahoo.com .. you can
subcribe to the Memelland-List:

Some links of the region Memelland in German and English:
http://www.memelerdampfboot.de
http://www.memelland-adm.de/
http://www.memelland-adm.de/landkreismemel.html
http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/memel/memel1.html