[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Who studies Lublin-Chelm region?

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 24 06:45:18 PST 2003

Last week I became an SGGEE member and also started participating in this mailing list. This query is simply to ask who else out there is looking into the Germans that resided near Lublin and Chelm? This is where my ancestors over the last 3+ generations came from and I am quickly learning much about this area and the families that are characteristic of this region. I thought it would be beneficial for me to recognize you by name if you also have a strong interest in this region.

Ted Belke and Sigrid Pohl-Perry have been in contact with me already.

My father was born in Malinowka (closer to Lublin) and my mother was born in Neustrenschin (Streczyn Nowy). Names that I am researching are Krueger, Hapke, Frank, Schultz, Wedemann, Pede, Mantei, Tulke, Hirsekorn, Lentz, Milnikel, Bluemke (just to name a few).

Karl Krueger