[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] PLOCK AREA

Robert Radke rradke at telus.net
Wed Jan 1 13:31:28 PST 2003

Hi Justin,
Regarding your inquiry about the FREIHEIT name in the Plock area I can offer a
small amount of information, though not specifically about your Julian .
There were a number of FREIHEIT folk who were active within the Moravian
Brethren congregation at Maschewo, Szczawin and elsewhere.  There is one
thing that absolutely remarkable about these FREIHEIT families:  their
tremendous musical talent.  A number of FREIHEIT folk served as band or choir
leaders in the Moravian Church in Poland.  The name FREIHEIT is mentioned
around this area in Moravian materials through the 1800's and up to the
1940's, when the church ceased to operate in Poland.  What dates are we
looking at for your Julian FREIHEIT?  Do you know other given names for your
FREIHEIT folk?  Do you know if any of them had an association with the
Moravian Brethren?  I can consult a friend's copy of  the book "Brief History
of the Brudergemeine (Moravian Church) in Poland: 1800 - 1945" for you if you
think it would be helpful.
--Bob Radke