[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volyn Historical Society

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 10 16:42:42 PST 2003

The "Volyn Historical Society" is actually a translation of Historischer
Verein Wolhynien e.V.

It is a German language organization.  You can find further info at
http://www.wolhynien.de/links2.htm#hist.verein

Usually when you show a group name like this, it should not be translated
unless done so in brackets after the original.  Unfortunately, this English
language news report from Ukraine did not follow that standard and simply
gave it only in English.

At 06:32 PM 10/01/2003 -0500, KANDROLJ at aol.com wrote:
>Would someone please give me information on the Volyn Historical Society
>which has been mentioned a couple of times on this mailing list.  I am
>looking for information on mailing address, how to join, are the news letters
>in English.  I tried a search on google.com and only came up with an article
>on the current German to Volyn exhibit.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Laura J. Kandro

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta