[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kochanow

Bill & Carol thejoneses at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 18 14:26:02 PST 2003

I am indebted to Jerry Frank and Tom Stangl who transcribed and posted
the index and bmd's for the Kolonie Kochanow in Gluchow RC parish.  I
had read the microfilm twice myself, but still missed quite a few
records related to the surname WUERCH.   Now, thanks to Tom's
thoroughness and expertise, I now have a more global view of the village
and its occupants.

I also appreciated Albert Muth's comments on the subject.

My dilemma now is, where did the WUERCH family register between 1829 and
1836?  Possibly Rawa Lutheran Parish, as Albert suggests (no records
available)?  In Volhynia, the first St Pete record is a WUERCH/WESNER
marriage in Valerianowka; then there are no more records until the
1850's.  Vital records between 1836 and 1849 for my research.  We know
the Wuerches and Wesners were in Volhynia, at least from 1836; so where
do I go from here?

Thanks, gentlemen, for all your hard work and help.
Carol