[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kochanow

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 20 06:46:42 PST 2003

The registration of virtually all German Lutherans from Kochanow switched
to Rawa about 1828-29.  A few scattered ones continued to register at the
Gluchow Catholic Church, I suppose out of convenience since it was closer.

Those records in Volhynia unfortunately are missing.  A few scattered ones
may be contained in the church records of the non St. Pete films that are
available.  I picked up a birth record of one of my Hemmingers in 1838
(missing from St. Pete) but the birth of my great grandfather a couple of
years later (assumed) remains missing.

Those records are currently being translated (a very difficult project due
to poor quality copies and bad writing) but I am not sure of the status for
making the data available.

At 04:26 PM 18/01/2003 -0600, Bill & Carol wrote:

>My dilemma now is, where did the WUERCH family register between 1829 and
>1836?  Possibly Rawa Lutheran Parish, as Albert suggests (no records
>available)?  In Volhynia, the first St Pete record is a WUERCH/WESNER
>marriage in Valerianowka; then there are no more records until the
>1850's.  Vital records between 1836 and 1849 for my research.  We know
>the Wuerches and Wesners were in Volhynia, at least from 1836; so where
>do I go from here?

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca