[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Redlich family

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Mon Jan 20 09:34:09 PST 2003

  Hello Lorne,

     I think Goberna is just a phonetic spelling of the Russian
 word Gubernia, which means province, so your "Volinski Goberna"
 isn't the name of a town - it just means the "Province of Volhynia".

    Gubernia is related to the word "Gubernatorial" that Americans
 use when they refer to the Governors of their States.

          Yours,
             Paul Rakow
             rakow at ifh.de